Wednesday 30 September 2015

Joy with Jelissa

Hello friends! How are you this Wednesday?

I'm up on the blog today to share a layout I made of my eldest. Things have been really busy with the baby at home. It lso brings back a lot of tender memories of the older boys' babyhood, and I'm really glad I started scrapbooking early enough to record those moments.


Here's a recent photo of my eldest enjoying the big grass meadow on a vineyard we visited. I used the "Hallerbos" paper from my Mental Vacation collection for the nature theme it had and I wanted my background to reflect his love for nature too. Lots of watercolor effect here created using Chalk and Pearl mists in Violet, Berry and Lavender, and I love how well the colors complemented the paper.

Some close ups:


Texture fun with microspheres, glass beads and glitter. I also used modeling paste over a poppy stencil and traced the outline of the flowers with a Sharpie.


Another layer of masking with a 13@rts stencil, but this time I made a paste from Magic Powder and a mixture of Vivid Violet and Metallic Purple paints. I have a piece of chipboard for layering and it was colored with Berry and Lavender Matt paints.

13@rts products used:
Acrylic primer, modeling paste, Lilac chalk mist, Lavender pastel mist, Berry chalk mist, Violet pearl mist, Mental Vacation paper (Hallerbos), Stencil (Cozy Evening), Metallic Purple paint, Vivd Violet paint, Lavender Matte paint, Berry Matte paint, Magic Powder, Silver microspheres

And that's all I have for today. Thanks for dropping by!



3 comments:

  1. Jelissa, Beautiful page and design and an adorable photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beauty in colour on a page, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jelissa - I especially love the watercolor on your background. Beautiful photo too.

    ReplyDelete