Sunday 2 March 2014

SNAPSHOT OF YOU- by our GD Patricia Basson

Witajcie! Dzisiaj zapraszamy Was do obejrzenia pierwszej inspiracji przygotowanej przez naszą Gościnną Projektantkę  Patricię Basson. 
Today we would like to show you a great project made by our new GD - Patricia Basson
Let's meet Patricia!

I am Patricia Basson, living in a small town called Secunda in the province of Mpumalanga, which means "Place were the Sun rises" in South Africa. I have been scrapping for 7 years now, but have really learned more these past 3 years since getting more involved with on-line friends and sites...I do not have a real scrapping style as such, I do love a more shabby-chic, romantic feel and as of lately have found myself trying the mixed media style as well. Although I love and am a great follower of artists who are able to create full and very layered pages, when I scrap myself, I tend to take of more embellishments than I do add at the end. I do however love to add details through either textures or paper manipulation. And although I hate proper needle work like fixing buttons and seems...I love adding some stitching to my work!!!

***
Patricia przygotowała dla nas piękne LO!
Patricia made a beautiful LO for us!


Hello 13 @rts friends...

Today is my first post as a Gust Designer and what a joy it was using 13 @rts products for the first time! I can understand were all the hype about the product is coming from, for the paints and inks are wonderful to use...The papers are so thick and sturdy, they certainly are able to take on a decent amount of medium...

On this page I scraped a photo of my eldest daughter dressed up for her Matric Farewell Dance.



I used two sheets of the Timeless Collection, Perfect Moment and Long Time Ago. I cut a frame from the Long Ago paper and folded a piece of it back to reveal the backside motif as well.


I started by using a mask and with a make up sponge I dabbed some Chalk Yellow Amber Mist on the background. I then used a second mask and the Acrylic Gesso to add the texture to my back ground...with the mask still in place, I dabbed some Pearl Turquoise Light Mist over the wet Gesso and also used the mask as a negative stamp. After drying with my Heat Gun, I did some misting with the Yellow Amber and made splats with the Pearl Turquoise. 


I used the Gesso mixed with Matte Peach Paint to create this thick texture...Also used the Matte Turquoise Paint on a stamp. The yellow and the turquoise were also used to stamp the border on the frame.


I dry brushed some Gesso on the chipboard photo frame and once dry, misted it with the Yellow Amber,and gave it a light layer with the Silver Glitter Paint.


Using cut outs from the All the Time paper sheet to use as layers here and behind the photo. Also used a sticker from the sticker sheet. My flowers are all from 13 @rts as well and were coloured using the mists...even have two of the feathers tucked in as well.

I used the following products from 13@rts:

Timeless Paper Collection; Long time Ago, Perfect Moment, All the Time and Timeless Label
Ayeeda Gesso; Acrylic Primer
Photo Frame; Photo Frame # 1

This then my first project for Ayeeda...thank you for having me as a Guest Designer...
Patricia Basson

Please feel free to visit me at my blog - Between the Sheets -


***
Dziękujemy Patricii za jej piękny projekt
Thank you for your great project Patricia! :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Awesome!
    I love the textures and the LO in general!!!!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - love the fussy cut photo and great layers of texture.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete